Saturday, October 23, 2010

Affirming my life in Funemployment

Thursday was the last day I left my place of work of 7 years. It was definitely a strange feeling to know I wouldn't be walking in those doors again. Was this bad news? No, just a change. I am stepping into my new life as a full time student, getting by on part time work and slowly but surely working my way towards seminary so I can become a pastor. What is my plan to do it?

My Affirmation -
"My job is to spend my time improving my mind, body, and spirit through regular, organized work. I am professional, relaxed, balanced, and flexible and will serve God through my actions and choices".

Guidelines:
  1. I will fill my time with regular study first, if I have large deadlines for class I will spend 1 hour a day being extraordinary, working on the things that garner the most resistance.
  2. Each day will include Bible study, daily devotions, and proactive study of Concordia Theological studies curriculum.
  3. My free time will be spent at the gym my fitness goals are to attend Yoga 3 times a week and to work daily towards being able to do 1 pullup.

My Prayer:

Dear Lord,
Thank you for all the events in my life this year. Thank you for providing the resources of family and friend support and bringing events together at this right time in my life to make a commitment to becoming a full time student possible. Please help me to be responsible, and focused, help me to be the man you want me to be. Dear Lord, I have many doubts and flaws and I feel like you are wrong about my calling sometimes. Please help me to trust you and to follow my path and to remember that the path is where you are calling me to, help me to remember that I am still on the path even if you are carrying me. I love you my Father and I thank you for calling me to this journey.
Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Brian. Remember that 90% of the battle is to show up. When I read this what I see is that you are prepared to show up each day and live the life you are meant to live.

May God continue to bless you. Enjoy your day.

@tdparks

Brian said...

Thanks Tom! I appreciate the comment and the encouragement.

Tara Rodden Robinson said...

Great post, Brian!! Keep up the good work.

With love,
Tara