Monday, April 9, 2012

A prayer of confession, surrender, and a request for strength

Dear Lord,

I am naturally sinful and not worthy of your anything I get from you. I deserve death and every punishment I get and not only do you forgive me, you took what I deserve upon yourself and died for my sins. Thank you Lord for accepting me into your love, for creating me, and accepting me as family, wanting to have a relationship with me and accepting my prayers. Thank you for being their for me whenever I need you, and being in me and with me all the time. Thank you Lord for the gifts of the people who love me and the people who I love in my life. Thank you for my friends online and offline, for the people who I know through family, through the church, through gaming, and every other soul I come in to contact with.
Dear Lord, please help me to want your will in my life. I am always too weak and always give in to the sinful self. Help me to remember that you are their for me. I surrender my will Lord, take me over and help me to do your will. I want to be the man you want me to be, I don't want to be the old sinful self, I want to be who you want me to be.
Right now I want to pray that I want to do your will and I want you take over and do it for me but I don't always; I am usually too weak, don't do what you want me to do, I don't even do what I want to do, I give in and take inaction over action. Dear Lord please help me to want your will in my life, to be stronger, and to accept your will. Help me to life prayerfully, to embrace and love your word, to look forward to worship, and to look forward to spreading your word without fear. Help me to fight resistance and be strong. Help me to surrender and follow the path you have chosen for me.

Amen.

No comments: