Sunday, October 24, 2010

Can't do Good on my Own

Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

This is a tough one for me because when I read something like this I try to do it myself. I continually put my foot in my mouth and cause harm and realized I was thinking more of myself then the others around me. Sin makes it so I can't do good on my own, I can try all I want but as a sinner I can't. Only through God can I do good and I remember that in prayer.

Father God,
On my own I try to do good and always I fail. I do and say the things that cause pain and hurt and don't do good where I should. Dear Lord please help me to remember that you are with me at all times and are even in me. Please help me to be loving and kind and to be like you. Please help me to be helpful, supportive, and to contribute to building up others. Help me to let go of my selfishness and to walk in your ways. Amen.

1 comment:

Everlasting Love said...

Succinctly said. I hope everyone come to realize the reality that without Christ ye can do nothing - John 15