Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reflection

Reflection: "Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16"




I am getting ready for Church and I just got done reading this devotional on lhm.org. It discusses a survey given to people who are over 95.

What would you change about your life?

There were many answers given, but most of them fell into three categories:


  1. I would reflect more. (This was one of the most popular answers.)
  2. I would risk more.
  3. I would do more things that would live on after I'm dead.

What an amazing gift! Things we can focus on now!



Questions I will be asking myself:


  1. What are some ways I can reflect more and what should I reflect on? I would like to reflect more on God's Glory, the gifts I received from him and his will for my life.

  2. What risks am I not taking that I should? This sounds like a new end-of-the-day journal. A list of the risks I took and the risks I could have taken throughout a day. The first thing that pops into my head was, did I have any opportunities to talk about Christ that I missed?

  3. The last question is a tough one for me. According to the Bible the only things we can take with us are faith, hope, and love so if anything I would focus on being a more loving person. If I want to leave a legacy in the world it would have to be loving my neighbor.


No comments: