Thursday, March 25, 2010

How I Pray

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”- 1 John 1:9

I love this verse and I know a lot of other people love it too but have you ever tried? Right now or the absolutely next chance you get find a private place and out loud (yes out loud, whisper if you have to) start a prayer to the Lord God Almighty.

First. Start with Praise, ackowledge who he is and that you worship him. Do this in your own words.

Second. Thank him for what you have and what you will have. Either use those words or give a list, he already knows so either will suffice, it is your relationship with God so thank him for what you want to thank him for.

Third. Acknowledge yourself as a sinner and confess. Say your sins to God. Try to get them all out.

Fourth. Ask for help. Pray to God about what you need and what the people you are close to need. Pray for the leaders of your work and country as well (this is one of my favorite parts, it is how I can be involved in my work in country in a very power way.)

Fifth. Declare whose will you honor. "Your will be done" will suffice and you can ask God for help in accepting his will.

Sixth. Declare your prayer in Jesus name.

Amen.

I love this prayer, it is my prayer of liberation because it allows me to let go of my sins, needs and wants and lay them and God and you know what? That is what he wants!

Praise God! Hallelujah!

No comments: