Monday, November 3, 2008

G.R.A.C.E

I promised I would post about this so here I go. GRACE is a centering method produced by George Leonard, author of the book Mastery.


Here are the steps:

  1. GROUND. Imagine your feet and legs extending down deep into the earth, knees neither bent nor locked, connecting with the universe.

  2. RELAX. Breathe deeply and release the tension from every muscle: feel a warming sensation throughout your entire body.

  3. AWARE. Be keenly aware of your surroundings; tune in to sounds, smells and sensations.

  4. CENTER. Place your fingertips about an inch below your navel. Focus your attention and breath on this point to reach a state of calmness.

  5. ENERGIZE. Hold your arms out in front of you and imagine that high-voltage energy is shooting out from your fingertips. Then relax, arms by your sides.

This method is a great way to attain some focus and prepare yourself for a more mindful state. I find that when I practice this the world becomes much more vibrant and alive, I find a smile appearing out of nowhere on my face and I think people reacting to me in a much more positive way.

No comments: