I promised I would post about this so here I go. GRACE is a centering method produced by George Leonard, author of the book Mastery.
Here are the steps:
- GROUND. Imagine your feet and legs extending down deep into the earth, knees neither bent nor locked, connecting with the universe.
- RELAX. Breathe deeply and release the tension from every muscle: feel a warming sensation throughout your entire body.
- AWARE. Be keenly aware of your surroundings; tune in to sounds, smells and sensations.
- CENTER. Place your fingertips about an inch below your navel. Focus your attention and breath on this point to reach a state of calmness.
- ENERGIZE. Hold your arms out in front of you and imagine that high-voltage energy is shooting out from your fingertips. Then relax, arms by your sides.
This method is a great way to attain some focus and prepare yourself for a more mindful state. I find that when I practice this the world becomes much more vibrant and alive, I find a smile appearing out of nowhere on my face and I think people reacting to me in a much more positive way.