Saturday, April 4, 2009

letting go

Why is it so hard for us to let go of being in control of our lives? This is a tough one because as a Christian I can look at it logically and say "God is in control, God controls everything, and this life is short and I will spend eternity in heaven so everything is ok. His grace is enough for me and I can deal with that" but that isn't what I do at all.

What I do is hold onto control. I have anxiety, depression, stress and try as hard as I can to hold onto control. Why do I do this? Because I am sinful. As a sinful being I hold onto control. Sin is seperation from God and since I am naturally sinful I am always going to try do it myself.

What can I do?

* Pray - stay with God and live a repentant life with a focus on him
* Study - Stay in the word and let God speak to me
* Act - I can spread God's word and live a life as a Christian to bring people to him.

Can I do this on my own? No, I do it by his grace through faith he gives me. I can let go of control because God helps me to let go of control.

No comments: