Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Salted duck eggs

Yes, I at 2 of these. I had never tried anything like this before and I have to tell you I was very apprehensive. The feelings that went through me were OMG am I going to bite through a baby duck? is it going to be really salty? do they burry them in the ground?
But I tried them. Did I like them, that is hard to say, they were a whole lot more salty than I am used to and the texture was very different from a normal hard boiled egg, it was gritty and was similar to dirt.
There are cultures that eat these kinds of things as a staple snack; with different traditions in a culture a person’s palette could be completely different that when offered this kind of food could be accepted like we would accept potato chips or a candy bar.
I think over time I could enjoy something like this as my palette adjusted but for now they are an interesting exotic snack to try every once in a while.

My challenge to you:
Try one new thing a day for 7 days. Share those things with me and please share your experience with me; if you like, put it as a comment on the blog. It doesn’t have to be a food, you can go to a store you have never been to before, try a volunteer service or give money to a homeless person when you normally would have just walked by. What new thing could you try every day?

Brian Darnell
darnellster@gmail.com
http://12hourhalfday.blogspot.com
http://www.unvoicedvisions.com

No comments: